National and International Collaborative Research
Collaboration research with other national centers.
- Collaborative research with other universities/centers in Indonesia mainly in ambiguous genitalia and cytogenetics. Training on cytogenetics has been conducted for the staff from many institutes in Indonesia.
- CEBIOR laboratory has done genetic assessment in children with intellectual disability at all special schools in Central Java.
Collaboration research with other centers overseas.
- Partnership research with Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands in Intelectual Disability has been started with Plan of Operation (PoO) made by Prof. Sultana MH Faradz together with Prof. Ben Hamel, and Dr. Erik Sistermans in September 2000 in The Netherlands. The PoO has been put inside MOU cooperation between Diponegoro University and Radboud University Nijmegen. For the time being, it is agreed that molecular diagnosis assessment in genetic diseases is free of charge for 20 cases each year. Furthermore, it was agreed to foster the development of Medical Genetics through training of staff, workshops/courses and lectures for undergraduates and postgraduates, being held annually by staff of Department of Human Genetics, RUNMC in collaboration with CEBIOR. New joint research project in intellectual disability and multiple congenital anomalies has been developed for 3 PhD students. The research is also expanded to ophthalmology genetics and endocrinology in collaboration with Prof. Frans Cremers and Dr. Hedi Claahsen van der Grinten with 1 PhD for each project.
- Collaborative research on Connective tissue disorders (Marfan syndrome, osteogenesis imperfect, familial aortic aneurysm) for postgraduate student (Master and PhD students) with VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam through Dr. Erik Sistermans has been done since last 10 years.
- Research, diagnosis and management of Disorders of Sex Development cases managed by Sexual Adjustment Team FMDU – Dr. Kariadi Hospital is facilitated by Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam through Prof Stenvert LS Drop since 2004 and produced 2 PhDs. Research for postgraduate program on Fragile X mental retardation was carried out in collaboration with Prof. Rob Willemsen from ErasmusMC, Rotterdam.
- Having link with joint research between Center for Tropical and Infectious Diseases (CENTRID), Dr. Kariadi Hospital – FMDU and RUNMC Nijmegen, on Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF), and Leptospirosis.
- Collaboration with KK Hospital, Singapore started with exchange student activity especially post-graduate student of Genetic Counseling program in 2007 after MoU has been signed.
- Joint research in developing new diagnosis tool for Fragile X syndrome has been carried out with National University of Singapore and Biofactory Singapore.
- Research activity especially in fragile X syndrome and fragile X-associated disorders has been started since 2001 between Prof. Sultana MH Faradz, PhD and Prof. Randi J Hagerman from Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders (MIND) Institute UC Davis, USA. MoU eventually was signed since 2009 by Rector. Exchange post-graduate student and joint research in fragile X syndrome are the main activity within this collaboration.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Faculty of Medicine Diponegoro University and Murdoch Children Research Institute, University of Melbourne was sign in 2009, Joint research in hypospadia and disorders of sex development are the main activity since 2009, moreover, since 2011 post-graduate exchange student was started by sending one of Magister of Genetic Counselling student to initiate genetic counselling certification program. Research on DSD then continued in Gonadal dysgenesis with one PhD candidate.